Emerging Markets Alternatives
Independent Investment Audit/Due Diligence for GPs and LPs
- Investment audit is conducted in accordance with CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct specifically, Standard I(B) Independence and Objectivity and Standard V(A) Diligence and Reasonable Basis
- Investment audit reports opinions on most qualitative and quantitative aspects of the investment and helps transfer knowledge from GP to LP
- Investment audit neither provides buy/sell investment recommendation, tax or legal opinion nor is an offer to buy or sell an investment
- EMA could be retained by either LPs or GPs but not concurrently on the same audit project.
- EMA does not act as a placement agent and is not compensated by GP for capital raise. EMA’s revenues are purely driven by its audit work not linked to audit findings or LP commitments to any opportunity.
*The Path to Transparency in Alternatives Investing, EIU/Northern Trust Survey Feb 2017